DUMB QUESTIONS ASKED BY AMERICAN BANFF PARK TOURISTS
Yes, they're ALL TRUE as heard at the information kiosks manned by Parks Canada staff!
- How do the elk know they're supposed to cross at "Elk Crossing"
- At what elevation does an elk become a moose?
Tourist: "How do you pronounce 'Elk'?"
Park Information Staff: " 'Elk' "
- Are the bears with collars tame?
- Is there anywhere I can see the bears pose?
- Is it okay to keep an open bag of bacon on the picnic table, or should I store it in my tent?
- Where can I find Alpine Flamingos?
- I saw an animal on the way to Banff today - could you tell me what it was?
- Are there birds in Canada?
- Did I miss the turnoff for Canada?
- Where does Alberta end and Canada begin?
- Do you have a map of the State of Jasper?
- Is this the part of Canada that speaks French, or is that Saskatchewan?
- If I go to British Columbia, do I have to go through Ontario?
- Which is the way to the Columbia Ricefields?
- How far is Banff from Canada?
- What's the best way to see Canada in a day?
- Do they search you at the B.C. border?
- When we enter B.C. do we have to convert our money to British pounds?
- Where can I buy a raccoon hat? ALL Canadians own one, don't they?
- Are there phones in Banff?
- So it's eight kilometres away... is that in miles?
- We're on the decibel system you know.
- Where can I get my husband really, REALLY, lost??
- Is that two kilometres by foot or by car?
- Don't you Canadians know anything?
- Where do you put the animals at night?
Tourist: "How do you get your lakes so blue?"
Park staff: "We take the water out in the winter and paint the bottom".
Thanks to shoshin for passing this one along to me.
| Back To "Stories To Pass On" | Back To Story Page | Back To Main Page |
Layout, Design, and Revisions: ©1999-2002 Gruesome, Inc. Productions
Webmaster: The Sentinel
Revised: 26 February 2002